ARSENAL ASSAULT RIFLES’ ADVANTAGES
The ARSENAL Assault Rifles of calibers 5.56x45 mm and 7.62x39 mm are highly effective individual automatic weapons designed for armament of the army element personnel and forces to maintain law and order, characterized by guaranteed high quality, strength and endurance.
Main advantages of ARSENAL Assault Rifles:
Ø The weapon is characterized by milled receiver, made according to the method of mechanical treatment (milling) of hot die forging. This ensures higher strength during service life (guaranteed 15000 rounds) and bigger resistance upon the drop tests, it also contributes to the high accuracy and concentration of the hits at fire.
Ø The barrels are made by the method of radial cold die forging, forming the inner surface of the barrel bore and of the chamber, with subsequent chromium plating. The barrel production processing provides high wear resistance at the time of firing, as well as excellent accuracy and concentration of fire.
Ø The magazines are made of high quality resistant FRP (glass fiber reinforced black polycaproamide) or translucent polycarbonate (corrosive-resistant), and are ribbed for better strength and endurance. The strength is tested by laboratory test with applying static load over 1000 kg and by field tests (car passing over the magazine). During the comparison tests with metal magazine, the polymer magazine showed endurance at static load bigger than 1000 kg while the metal magazine stopped functioning at load 650 kg or after a car passed over it.
Ø The butt (of ARSENAL Assault Rifles AR-M1, AR-M7F, AR-M9, etc.), the upper and lower hand guards and the pistol grips are made of FRP that increases their strength, and are easy to maintain and to hold, corrosive-resistant and water proof, and have mat surfaces without reflected lustre.
- Left-side folding FRP buttstock with a quick release/lock mechanism;
The butt of AR-M7T is telescopic plastic (FRP). The Butt is characterized by:
- Possibility of several stages of extraction;
- Rubber non-slip butt pad with tapered angle, allows faster shouldering & increased comfort with body armor;
- One metal point for sling mount;
- Comfortable for both left/right handed users.
Ø Single, automatic or 3-round burst fire mode.
Ø For quick target acquisition at low-light conditions, Assault Rifles can be equipped with tritium self-illuminated sighting devices (3-dot sight system: one luminous dot on front sight and two dots –on the rear sight).
Ø Special sight carrying rail, side mounted, enables the attachment of dovetail based sighting devices, which makes firing more precise. Side mounted scope rail for dovetail based sight carriers with sighting devices
Ø Sight carrying rail – Picatinny type (MIL-STD-1913), by means of which different kinds of sighting devices can be attached to the Assault Rifles.
Ø Picatinny rail MIL-STD (1913) over the receiver cover to accommodate any variety of scopes;
Ø Additional left fire mode selector lever - for rapid fire mode changing.
Ø The design of the Assault Rifles enables attachment of knife-scissors, 40x46mm ARSENAL Underbarrel Grenade Launchers UBGL-M6 or UBGL-M8, 40 mm ARSENAL Underbarrel Grenade Launcher UBGL or GP-25, or other accessories such as laser aim-indicator, flash-light, etc.
Ø A flash suppressor of new design, which in addition to its main function-considerably to reduce the flash, serves also as a compensator of the recoil in vertical direction.
The above mentioned advantages ensure bigger service life of the ARSENAL Assault Rifles - 1.5 times longer life than other weapons of the same class.
In ARSENAL JSCo, to estimate the endurance of the weapon multiple tests are carried out where even reaching 25 000 shots from a weapon, no damaged parts have ever been.
Quality control and inspection of the finished product:
In order to guarantee the quality of the rifle and its system life of 15000 rounds, periodical service life tests, interchangeability tests, firing in heavy- duty conditions are performed at:
- high temperature +500С;
- low temperature –500С;
- in rain;
- in dust.
So far, no jammings have been observed during the heavy-duty tests carried out in ARSENAL JSCo.
ADVANTAGES OF MAGAZINES MANUFACTURED
IN ARSENAL JSCo.
Produced from high quality and resistant polymer: glass fiber reinforced polycaproamide (black) or polycarbonate (translucent) - corrosion-resistance.
Appearance – without sharp edges.
They can be coloured in various colours including translucent.
Weight of empty magazine:
polycaproamide - 0,240 kg;
polycarbonate – 0,180 kg.
Tests by means of drop:
- Drop (3 times) of the loaded magazine from 1 m height on concrete plate – no deformation.
- Drop (12 times) of the Assault Rifle with attached loaded magazine on its butt from 1,5 m height on concrete plate – no deformation that effects the rifle functioning.
- Drop (5 times) of the Assault Rifle with attached loaded magazine on its muzzle from 1.5 m height on concrete plate – no deformation that effects the rifle functioning.
- Drop (3 times) of the assault rifle with attached loaded magazine on the magazine from 1 m height on concrete plate - minimum deformation on the magazine body.
- Drop (3 times) of the loaded magazine from 0.75 m height on concrete plate – no deformation.
- Drop (7 times) of the Assault Rifle with attached loaded magazine on its butt from 1 m height on concrete plate – no deformation that effects the rifle functioning.
- Drop (5 times) of the Assault Rifle with attached loaded magazine on its muzzle from 1 m height on concrete plate – no deformation that effects the rifle functioning.
- Drop (3 times) of the assault rifle with attached loaded magazine on the magazine from 0.75 m height on concrete plate - minimum deformation on the magazine body.
Passing of car through the magazine (empty and loaded) – no deformation.
Max. force of pressing the magazine walls (at the magazine middle area) at which afterflow is not observed and the magazine has normal functioning:
polycaproamide - 1450 kg;
polycarbonate – 1250 kg.
Pressing with 1500 kg force (polycaproamide magazine) – after 15-20 min magazine will restore its normal functioning.
Pressing with 1300 kg force (polycarbonate magazine) – after 15-20 min magazine will restore its normal functioning.